The existence of God is taken for granted in the Bible. There is nowhere any argument to prove it. The miracles and signs by the messengers and prophets were enough to satisfy the followers. However even then immediately after coming out of Egypt astonishingly the Israelites indulged in the worship of calf. “He who disbelieves the truth of God, is spoken of as one devoid of understanding: “The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.”(Psalms;14:1). There is not a single statement in whole Bible, which unambiguously supports Trinity; in fact word Trinity does not exist in Bible. This concept is based upon ambiguous and doubtful phrases twisted to extract desired meaning.
Verses from Bible Supporting Monotheism:
However there are many verses which support monotheism and some are referred below:
- “And, behold, the Lord stood above it, and said, I am the Lord God of Abraham thy father, and the God of Isaac”. (Genesis;28:13)
- “And he said, that thou mayest know that there is none like unto the Lord our God.” (Exodus;8:10)
- “Who is like unto thee 0 Lord, among the gods who is like thee glorious in holiness, fearful in praise, doing wonders?” (Exodus;15:11)
- “Ye shall not make with me gods of silver neither shall ye make unto you gods of gold.” (Exodus;20:23).
- “Hear, therefore, O Israel, the LORD our God, is one LORD”.(Deuteronomy;6:4).
- “Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightiest know that the Lord he is God; there is none else beside Him. . . . Know therefore this day, and consider it in thine heart, that the Lord he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath, there is none else”. (Deuteronomy;4:35-39).
- “There is none unto the God of Jeshurn, who rideth upon the heaven in thy help, and in his excellency on the sky.” (Deuteronomy;33:26).
- “See now that, I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me: I kill; and I make alive: I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand”. (Deuteronomy;32:39).
- “And Solomon stood before the altar of the Lord in the presence of all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands toward heaven. And he said, Lord God of Israel, there is no God like thee, in heaven above, or on earth beneath, who keepest covenant and mercy with thy servants that walk before with all their heart”.(1Kings;8:22:23).
- “Our Lord, there is none like thee, neither is there any God beside thee, according to all that we have heard with our ears”. (1Chronicles;17:20 & 2Samuel;7:22).
- “That men may know that thou, whose name above is JEHOVAH, art most high one of all the earth”.(Psalms;83:18).
- “For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone”.(Psalms;86:10).
- “Thus saith the Lord … I am the first, and I am the Last; and beside me there is no God” (Isaiah;44:6).
- “For thus said the Lord that created the heavens: God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited, I am the Lord; and there is none else.”(Isaiah;45:18).
- “For who in the heaven can be compared unto the Lord? who among the sons of the mighty can be likened unto the Lord.” (Psalms;89:6).
- “To whom then will ye liken God? or what likeness will ye compare unto him?” (Isaiah;40:18).
- “For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy one of Israel, the Saviour; I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee”(Isaia;43:3).
- “You are my witnesses, said the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen; that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he; before me, there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me”. I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no Saviour.” (Isaiah;43:11).
- “you are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any”. (Isaiah;44:8).
- “That they may know from the rising of the sun; and from the west; that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.”(Isaiah;45:5,6).
- “Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the Lord, the first, and the last; I am he”(Isaiah;41:4).
- “For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither has the eye seen, O God, besides you, what he has prepared for him that waits for him.”(Isaiah;64:4).
- “Yet. I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shall know no god but me for there is no Saviour beside me.” (Hosea;13:4).
- “And the Lord shall be king all over the earth: in that day shall there be ONE LORD and his name one.”(Zecharia;14:9).
- “Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us?” (Malachi;25:6).
- “And go not after other gods to serve them, and to worship them.”(Jeremiah;25:6).
- “And Jesus answered him. The first of all the commandments is, Hear, 0 Israel; the Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shall love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with mind, and with all thy strength; this is the first commandment” . . . And the scribe said unto him, well, Master, thou, hest said the truth: for there is ONE GOD and there is none other but He”. (Mark;12: 29-32).
- “Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me believeth not on me, but on Him that sent me. And he that sees me sees Him that sent me … I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me”. (John;14:44)
- “Father is greater than I”(John;14:29).
- “There is none other God but one.”(1Corinthians;8:4).
- “One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all”. (Ephesians;4:6).
- “For there is one God..”(1Timothy;2:5).
More Books and Articles @
Monotheism in Bible: http://wp.me/PCgrB-eB
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)